CAL. CCP. CODE § 116.530 : California Code - Section 116.530
Search CAL. CCP. CODE § 116.530 : California Code - Section 116.530
(a) Except as permitted by this section, no attorney may take part in the conduct or defense of a small claims action.
(b) Subdivision (a) does not apply if the attorney is appearing to maintain or defend an action in any of the following capacities:
(1) By or against himself or herself.
(2) By or against a partnership in which he or she is a general partner and in which all the partners are attorneys.
(3) By or against a professional corporation of which he or she is an officer or director and of which all other officers and directors are attorneys.
(c) Nothing in this section shall prevent an attorney from doing any of the following:
(1) Providing advice to a party to a small claims action, either before or after the commencement of the action.
(2) Testifying to facts of which he or she has personal knowledge and about which he or she is competent to testify.
(3) Representing a party in an appeal to the superior court.
(4) Representing a party in connection with the enforcement of a judgment.