CAL. HSC. CODE § 114311 : California Code - Section 114311
Search CAL. HSC. CODE § 114311 : California Code - Section 114311
Mobile food facilities not under a valid permit as of January 1, 1997, from which nonprepackaged food is sold shall provide handwashing facilities. The handwashing facilities shall be separate from the warewashing sink.
(a) The handwashing sink shall have a minimum dimension of nine inches by nine inches in length and width and five inches in depth and be easily accessible by food employees.
(b) The handwashing facility shall be separated from the warewashing sink by a metal splashguard with a height of at least six inches that extends from the back edge of the drainboard to the front edge of the drainboard, the corners of the barrier to be rounded. No splashguard is required if the distance between the handwashing sink and the warewashing sink drainboards is 24 inches or more.
(c) This section shall not apply to mobile food facilities handling only whole produce or the bulk dispensing of nonpotentially hazardous beverages. 114313. (a) Except as specified in subdivisions (b) and (c), a mobile food facility where nonprepackaged food is cooked, blended, or otherwise prepared shall provide a warewashing sink with at least three compartments with two integral metal drainboards.
(1) The dimensions of each compartment shall be large enough to accommodate the cleaning of the largest utensil and either of the following:
(A) At least 12 inches wide, 12 inches long, and 10 inches deep.
(B) At least 10 inches wide, 14 inches long, and 10 inches deep.
(2) Each drainboard shall be at least the size of one of the sink compartments. The drainboards shall be installed with at least one-eighth inch per foot slope toward the sink compartment, and fabricated with a minimum of one-half inch lip or rim to prevent the draining liquid from spilling onto the floor.
(3) The sink shall be equipped with a mixing faucet and shall be provided with a swivel spigot capable of servicing all sink compartments.
(b) If all utensils and equipment of a mobile food facility are washed and sanitized on a daily basis at the approved commissary or other approved food facility, and the mobile food facility provides and maintains an adequate supply of spare preparation and serving utensils in the mobile food facility as needed to replace those that become soiled or contaminated, then the mobile food facility shall not be required to provide a warewashing sink to only handle any of the following:
(1) Nonpotentially hazardous foods that do not require preparation other than heating, baking, popping, portioning, bulk dispensing, assembly, or shaving of ice.
(2) Steamed or boiled hot dogs.
(3) Tamales in the original, inedible wrapper.
(c) An unenclosed mobile food facility that prepares potentially hazardous beverages for immediate service in response to an individual consumer order shall do one of the following:
(1) Provide a three-compartment sink described in subdivision (a).
(2) Provide at least one two-compartment sink that complies with subdivision (e) of Section 114099.3.
(3) Provide a one-compartment sink with at least one integral metal drainboard, an adequate supply of spare preparation and serving utensils to replace those that become soiled or contaminated, and warewashing facilities that comply with subdivision (a) in reasonable proximity to, and readily accessible for use by, food employees at all times.