Ind. Code § 13-17-3-4 : Indiana Code - Section 13-17-3-4: Adoption or amendment of rules
Search Ind. Code § 13-17-3-4 : Indiana Code - Section 13-17-3-4: Adoption or amendment of rules
(1) consistent with the general intent and purposes declared in IC 13-17-1 and section 1 of this chapter; and
(2) necessary to the implementation of the federal Clean Air Act (42 U.S.C. 7401 et seq.), as amended by the Clean Air Act Amendments of 1990 (P.L.101-549).
(b) Notwithstanding IC 13-15-5, the board may adopt rules under IC 4-22-2 and IC 13-14-9 that allow the commissioner's actions on permits and permit modifications to become effective immediately, regardless of whether a thirty (30) day comment period is held on the permits or permit modifications. The board may adopt rules under this subsection only after considering the:
(1) environmental significance of;
(2) federal requirements for federally delegated or approved programs concerning; and
(3) need for opportunity for public participation on;
the permits or permit modifications.
(c) The board may adopt rules to require sources to report hazardous air pollutant emissions if the reporting is necessary to demonstrate compliance with emissions and other performance standards established under 42 U.S.C. 7412 or 42 U.S.C. 7429. The board may amend 326 IAC 2-6 to allow the department to request hazardous air pollutant emissions data from individual sources for the purpose of site specific studies of hazardous air pollutant:
(1) emissions; and
(d) The board may amend 326 IAC 2-6 or adopt new rules to
establish a general requirement for sources to report hazardous air pollutant emissions (as defined by 42 U.S.C. 7412(b)). However, the rules amended or adopted by the board under this subsection may not require sources to report hazardous air pollutant emissions before January 1, 2004.
As added by P.L.1-1996, SEC.7. Amended by P.L.90-1998, SEC.18; P.L.166-2002, SEC.2.