Ind. Code § 34-28-2-2 : Indiana Code - Section 34-28-2-2: Filing petition; procedure for change of name of minor

(a) The petition described in section (1) of this chapter may be filed with the circuit court of the county in which the person resides.
(b) In the case of a parent or guardian who wishes to change the name of a minor child, the petition must be verified, and it must state in detail the reason the change is requested. In addition, except where a parent's consent is not required under IC 31-19-9, the written consent of a parent, or the written consent of the guardian if both parents are dead, must be filed with the petition.
(c) Before a minor child's name may be changed, the parents or guardian of the child must be served with a copy of the petition as required by the Indiana trial rules.
As added by P.L.1-1998, SEC.24.