TEX HS. CODE ANN. § 61.002 : Texas Statutes - Section 61.002: DEFINITIONS
Search TEX HS. CODE ANN. § 61.002 : Texas Statutes - Section 61.002: DEFINITIONS
In this chapter:
(1) "Department" means the Texas Department of Health.
(2) "Eligible county resident" means an eligible resident of a county who does not reside in the service area of a public hospital or hospital district.
(3) "Eligible resident" means a person who meets the income and resources requirements established by this chapter or by the governmental entity, public hospital, or hospital district in whose jurisdiction the person resides.
(4) "Emergency services" has the meaning assigned by Chapter 773.
(5) "General revenue levy" means:
(A) the property taxes imposed by a county that are not dedicated to the construction and maintenance of farm-to-market roads or to flood control under Article VIII, Section 1-a, of the Texas Constitution or that are not dedicated to the further maintenance of the public roads under Article VIII, Section 9, of the Texas Constitution; and
(B) the sales and use tax revenue to be received by the county during the calendar year in which the state fiscal year begins under Chapter 323, Tax Code, as determined under Section 26.041(d), Tax Code.
(6) "Governmental entity" includes a county, municipality, or other political subdivision of the state, but does not include a hospital district or hospital authority.
(7) "Hospital district" means a hospital district created under the authority of Article IX, Sections 4-11, of the Texas Constitution.
(8) "Mandated provider" means a person who provides health care services, is selected by a county, public hospital, or hospital district, and agrees to provide health care services to eligible residents, including the primary teaching hospital of a state medical school located in a county which does not have a public hospital or hospital district, and the faculty members practicing in both the inpatient and outpatient care facilities affiliated with the teaching hospital.
(9) "Medicaid" means the medical assistance program provided under Chapter 32, Human Resources Code.
(10) "Public hospital" means a hospital owned, operated, or leased by a governmental entity, except as provided by Section 61.051.
(11) "Service area" means the geographic region in which a governmental entity, public hospital, or hospital district has a legal obligation to provide health care services.
Acts 1989, 71st Leg., ch. 678, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1989. Amended by Acts 1991, 72nd Leg., ch. 14, Sec. 14, eff. Sept. 1, 1991; Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 76, Sec. 8.119, eff. Sept. 1, 1995; Acts 1999, 76th Leg., ch. 1377, Sec. 1.01, eff. Sept. 1, 1999.