TEX HS. CODE ANN. § 61.008 : Texas Statutes - Section 61.008: ELIGIBILITY RULES
Search TEX HS. CODE ANN. § 61.008 : Texas Statutes - Section 61.008: ELIGIBILITY RULES
(a) The department by rule shall provide that in determining eligibility:
(1) a county may not consider the value of the applicant's homestead;
(2) a county must consider the equity value of a car that is in excess of the amount exempted under department guidelines as a resource;
(3) a county must subtract the work-related and child care expense allowance allowed under department guidelines;
(4) a county must consider as a resource real property other than a homestead and, except as provided by Subsection (b), must count that property in determining eligibility; and
(5) if an applicant transferred title to real property for less than market value to become eligible for assistance under this chapter, the county may not credit toward eligibility for state assistance an expenditure for that applicant made during a two-year period beginning on the date on which the property is transferred.
(b) A county may disregard the applicant's real property if the applicant agrees to an enforceable obligation to reimburse the county for all or part of the benefits received under this chapter. The county and the applicant may negotiate the terms of the obligation.
Acts 1989, 71st Leg., ch. 678, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1989.