TEX HS. CODE ANN. § 163.002 : Texas Statutes - Section 163.002: INSTRUCTIONAL ELEMENTS
Search TEX HS. CODE ANN. § 163.002 : Texas Statutes - Section 163.002: INSTRUCTIONAL ELEMENTS
Course materials and instruction relating to sexual education or sexually transmitted diseases should include:
(1) an emphasis on sexual abstinence as the only completely reliable method of avoiding unwanted teenage pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases;
(2) an emphasis on the importance of self-control, responsibility, and ethical conduct in making decisions relating to sexual behavior;
(3) statistics, based on the latest medical information, that indicate the efficacy of the various forms of contraception;
(4) information concerning the laws relating to the financial responsibilities associated with pregnancy, childbirth, and child rearing;
(5) information concerning the laws prohibiting sexual abuse and the legal and counseling options available to victims of sexual abuse;
(6) information on how to cope with and rebuff unwanted physical and verbal sexual advances, as well as the importance of avoiding the sexual exploitation of other persons;
(7) psychologically sound methods of resisting unwanted peer pressure; and
(8) emphasis, provided in a factual manner and from a public health perspective, that homosexuality is not a lifestyle acceptable to the general public and that homosexual conduct is a criminal offense under Section 21.06, Penal Code.
Added by Acts 1991, 72nd Leg., ch. 14, Sec. 51, eff. Sept. 1, 1991.