TEX TX. CODE ANN. § 151.308 : Texas Statutes - Section 151.308: ITEMS TAXED BY OTHER LAW
Search TEX TX. CODE ANN. § 151.308 : Texas Statutes - Section 151.308: ITEMS TAXED BY OTHER LAW
(a) The following are exempted from the taxes imposed by this chapter:
(1) oil as taxed by Chapter 202;
(2) sulphur as taxed by Chapter 203;
(3) motor fuels and special fuels as defined, taxed, or exempted by Chapter 153;
(4) cement as taxed by Chapter 181;
(5) motor vehicles, trailers, and semitrailers as defined, taxed, or exempted by Chapter 152, other than a mobile office as defined by Section 152.001(16);
(6) mixed beverages, ice, or nonalcoholic beverages and the preparation or service of these items if the receipts are taxable by Chapter 183;
(7) alcoholic beverages when sold to the holder of a private club registration permit or to the agent or employee of the holder of a private club registration permit if the holder or agent or employee is acting as the agent of the members of the club and if the beverages are to be served on the premises of the club;
(8) oil well service as taxed by Subchapter E, Chapter 191; and
(9) insurance premiums subject to gross premiums taxes.
(b) Natural gas is exempted under Subsection (a)(3) only to the extent that the gas is taxed as a motor fuel under Chapter 153.
Acts 1981, 67th Leg., p. 1560, ch. 389, Sec. 1, eff. Jan. 1, 1982. Amended by Acts 1984, 68th Leg., 2nd C.S., ch. 31, art. 2, Sec. 23, eff. Oct. 2, 1984; Acts 1987, 70th Leg., 2nd C.S., ch. 5, art. 1, pt. 4, Sec. 21; Acts 1991, 72nd Leg., ch. 524, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1991; Acts 1991, 72nd Leg., ch. 705, Sec. 13, eff. Sept. 1, 1991; Acts 1993, 73rd Leg., ch. 587, Sec. 13, eff. Oct. 1, 1993; Acts 2001, 77th Leg., ch. 1263, Sec. 18, eff. Oct. 1, 2001.