(a) Statements of organizations
Each authorized campaign committee shall file a statement of
organization no later than 10 days after designation pursuant to
section 432(e)(1) of this title. Each separate segregated fund
established under the provisions of section 441b(b) of this title
shall file a statement of organization no later than 10 days after
establishment. All other committees shall file a statement of
organization within 10 days after becoming a political committee
within the meaning of section 431(4) of this title.
(b) Contents of statements
The statement of organization of a political committee shall
(1) the name, address, and type of committee;
(2) the name, address, relationship, and type of any connected
organization or affiliated committee;
(3) the name, address, and position of the custodian of books
and accounts of the committee;
(4) the name and address of the treasurer of the committee;
(5) if the committee is authorized by a candidate, the name,
address, office sought, and party affiliation of the candidate;
(6) a listing of all banks, safety deposit boxes, or other
depositories used by the committee.
(c) Change of information in statements
Any change in information previously submitted in a statement of
organization shall be reported in accordance with section 432(g) of
this title no later than 10 days after the date of the change.
(d) Termination, etc., requirements and authorities
(1) A political committee may terminate only when such a
committee files a written statement, in accordance with section
432(g) of this title, that it will no longer receive any
contributions or make any disbursements and that such committee has
no outstanding debts or obligations.
(2) Nothing contained in this subsection may be construed to
eliminate or limit the authority of the Commission to establish
procedures for -
(A) the determination of insolvency with respect to any
(B) the orderly liquidation of an insolvent political
committee, and the orderly application of its assets for the
reduction of outstanding debts; and
(C) the termination of an insolvent political committee after
such liquidation and application of assets.