SUBCHAPTER I - INSPECTION REQUIREMENTS; ADULTERATION AND
602. Congressional statement of findings.
603. Examination of animals prior to slaughter; use of
604. Post mortem examination of carcasses and marking or
labeling; destruction of carcasses condemned;
605. Examination of carcasses brought into slaughtering or
packing establishments, and of meat food products
issued from and returned thereto; conditions for
606. Inspection and labeling of meat food products.
607. Labeling, marking, and container requirements.
608. Sanitary inspection and regulation of slaughtering and
packing establishments; rejection of adulterated meat
or meat food products.
609. Examination of animals and food products thereof,
slaughtered and prepared during nighttime.
610. Prohibited acts.
611. Devices, marks, labels, and certificates; simulations.
613. Plans and reassessments.
615. Inspection of carcasses, meat of which is intended for
616. Inspectors of carcasses, etc., meat of which is
intended for export; certificates of condition.
617. Clearance prohibited to vessel carrying meat for
export without inspector's certificate.
618. Delivery of inspectors' certificates, and of copies.
619. Marking, labeling, or other identification to show
kinds of animals from which derived; separate
establishments for preparation and slaughtering
621. Inspectors to make examinations provided for;
appointment; duties; regulations.
622. Bribery of or gifts to inspectors or other officers
and acceptance of gifts.
623. Exemptions from inspection requirements.
624. Storage and handling regulations; violations;
exemption of establishments subject to non-Federal
625. Inapplicability of certain requirements to catfish.
SUBCHAPTER II - MEAT PROCESSORS AND RELATED INDUSTRIES
641. Prohibition of subchapter I inspection of articles not
intended for use as human food; denaturation or other
identification prior to distribution in commerce;
642. Recordkeeping requirements.
643. Registration of business, name of person, and trade
644. Regulation of transactions, transportation, or
importation of 4-D animals to prevent use as human
645. Federal provisions applicable to State or Territorial
business transactions of a local nature and not
subject to local authority.
SUBCHAPTER III - FEDERAL AND STATE COOPERATION
661. Federal and State cooperation.
SUBCHAPTER IV - AUXILIARY PROVISIONS
671. Inspection services; refusal or withdrawal; hearing;
business unfitness based upon certain convictions;
other provisions for withdrawal of services
unaffected; responsible connection with business;
finality of Secretary's actions; judicial review;
672. Administrative detention; duration; pending judicial
proceedings; notification of governmental
673. Seizure and condemnation.
674. Federal court jurisdiction of enforcement and
injunction proceedings and other kinds of cases;
limitations of section 607(e) of this title.
675. Assaulting, resisting, or impeding certain persons;
murder; protection of such persons.
677. Other Federal laws applicable for administration and
enforcement of chapter; location of inquiries;
jurisdiction of Federal courts.
678. Non-Federal jurisdiction of federally regulated
matters; prohibition of additional or different
requirements for establishments with inspection
services and as to marking, labeling, packaging, and
ingredients; recordkeeping and related requirements;
concurrent jurisdiction over distribution for human
food purposes of adulterated or misbranded and
imported articles; other matters.
679. Application of Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act.
679a. Safe Meat and Poultry Inspection Panel.
679b. Pasteurization of meat and poultry.
679c. Expansion of Food Safety Inspection Service
680. Authorization of appropriations.
SUBCHAPTER IV-A - INSPECTIONS BY FEDERAL AND STATE AGENCIES
683. Interstate shipment of meat inspected by Federal and
State agencies for certain small establishments.
SUBCHAPTER V - MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS
692. Inspection extended to reindeer.
693. Inspection of dairy products for export.
694. Authorization of appropriations.
695. Payment of cost of meat-inspection service; exception.