28 U.S.C. § 1631 : US Code - Section 1631: Transfer to cure want of jurisdiction

      Whenever a civil action is filed in a court as defined in section
    610 of this title or an appeal, including a petition for review of
    administrative action, is noticed for or filed with such a court
    and that court finds that there is a want of jurisdiction, the
    court shall, if it is in the interest of justice, transfer such
    action or appeal to any other such court in which the action or
    appeal could have been brought at the time it was filed or noticed,
    and the action or appeal shall proceed as if it had been filed in
    or noticed for the court to which it is transferred on the date
    upon which it was actually filed in or noticed for the court from
    which it is transferred.